Tuesday 13 December 2011

Morning Walk


 I was walking beside a lake. The pathway is lined with crotons. Banana Crotons predominantly. There was a guy, strange looking, walking his dog. He had a bushy beard and his labret piercing was so big to be overlooked. He looked exhausted. He was wearing a dark brown jumper. The shirt is soft cream with a raised collar like mandarin. It wasn't that cold. Clothing was neatly pressed and tidy as well. The ivory cretan hound was giving me a hostile look. It was gasping. There was a wire running from his pocket to his ear. As we crossed, he gave a quick nod of greeting. I acknowledged. I turned back to have a glance. He had a "T" embroidered on the back about 8 inches tall. I tried to make an educated guess of his job. 

 So I activated the time machine and rewinded back four minutes. It is so funny to see the dog walking backwards now wagging the tail in opposite direction. Whirr, the time machine stopped. 
 As I approached the bearded guy, started giving full attention to him from head to the toe. He is medium build. He had dark circles around his eyes. Possibly he should be working with computers. He turned back and looked at the girl walking in front of me. That wasn't subtle. He was clutching a book in his left hand, and holding the leash. I could only see part of the book. The first line read "THE IMM....." and the second line "MEL...". In the quick jerk, noticed a trident in the center of the book. I couldn't guess the book name.  It should be a 500 pages book. There was a scar on the base of his palm about one inch, probably a carpal tunnel scar. He might be a software engineer or a writer may be. I felt humiliated and subdued as I was glancing back at his "T".

No comments:

Post a Comment